Friday, June 5, 2009

Graduation...

This year I completed my Bachelor’s of Science in Exercise Science: Fitness and Wellness Management from Brigham Young University. My university experience here has been spectacular and I have been so blessed to enjoy this opportunity. I’m looking forward to seeing what life holds for me next, but for now, here are some pictures of graduation for your viewing pleasure! My mom made some of the prettiest leis for both ceremonies…she’s so talented!! It was a pleasant surprise to stand in line for commencement and see one of my favorite folk-dance team mates, Melinda. Jopa!!! In typical Mirandom fashion, I was goofing off and President Samuelson and the rest of the procession walked by. There was a tall handsome man standing next to him…when I realized that it was President Uchtdorf, I got overly excited and started waving like a spastic…he waved (a real one, not a just a head nod) and said Hello. My commencement experience could have been complete at that very moment. ;) I got to run into a lot of friends and classmates as we celebrated… Dad and his Cougar We even ran into some of our best friends from home at the Presidential Luncheon after the ceremonies On graduation day I was really excited for my brother, Jon, and my sister-in-law, Kim to come. I was so happy to have them there to share the day with me! I got to walk with some of my favorite classmates. Aubrey (the girl in the middle) is also a Danish Madsen…so we secretly are suspicious that we’re cousins. This was one of my most influential professors, Dr. Barbara Lockheart. I’m so grateful to have this experience, and to be able to have so many around through the process for their love and support. I’m especially appreciative to my parents and everything they have done and continue to do for me…Go mighty Cougs!!!!

1 comment:

Mom and Dad Arnold said...

Ahhh...Miranda-Jayne. We are so proud of you! You have always been responsible, determined and enthusiastic! These 3 qualities have helped you achieve your goal of graduating from BYU. You have beauty and brains... a rare combination, but one that suits you well. Remember the lessons you've learned; believe in tomorrow, believe in yourself and prepare to be amazed!

We love you princess!
Mom and Dad